Saturday, January 5, 2008

Post Party Let Down . . .

Just wrapped up a big party at my house for some of the folks who work for me. They've become and expectation. Couple times a year, I lay out a spread of easy to eat meats, cheeses, veggies, fruit, chips, and my homemade guacamole (which, if I do say so myself, is fabulous). Throw in a sufficient supply of wine, beer, soda, and some desserts, and we could eat all night.

We also throw in the standard Texas Hold 'Em home game. I work with a few Mormons, so to keep things fair and fun, we usually have one practice round, or we play a free round and I throw in a "winner-takes-all" prize, like a movie or gift card or something fun, so its not technically gambling. Then we add on a money round (or two, if we have time).

It was a great party, all around - folks had fun, enjoyed the games, although I bubbled both times - both times got rivered, by the less experienced player who was behind. But still had fun.

Now, I'm left with my post-party house. The beer buzz is wearing off, the friends are gone, the kitchen needs cleaning. And I still don't have a new car for the au pair.

And I go to bed alone.

Just FYI, this is getting old.

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot dog poo residue on the carpet left by your favorite foster doggy niece. However, I can promise you that she would be more than happy to sleep in your bed with you so you wouldn't have to go to bed alone. She'd even snore really loud and take up most of the bed by laying diagonally if you'd like!