Monday, October 22, 2007

The Panty Saga Continues . . .

In my standard underwear replacement shopping trip (elastic does not have an indefinite life, I've found), I ran across a new type of panty . . . the "Samba" panty.

The box actually describes them as "More coverage than a thong, cheekier" than average panties. No butt double to demonstrate, but they sure got the cheekier thing right. At least with these, I know my ass is supposed to be hanging out.

I know you're all dying to know if they are the perfect mix of coverage, comfort, and no panty lines. So I'm giving them a spin at the office today.

Next time your auditor or accountant shows up, its gonna make you wonder what they're wearing.

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

Editors Note: Although all the women reading will have figured this out, I will help the male readership understand "cheekier." My favorite dictionary source, Merriam-Webster online, defines "cheeky" as "insolently bold; impudent" . . . ergo, "cheekier" in reference to the panties, means . . . you got it, more cheeks showing! After all, covering them up would clearly be neither "insolently bold" nor "impudent".

And no, IT, I did not send DrChako a picture - that's all I need is to have military intelligence intercept that e-mail. But he knows these cheeks - he's got the image burned in his brain. At least I hope so.

13 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

I think underwear is purposely made shoddy these days. I have underwear from when I was 16 and it has no holes.. and yet the pairs I bought 2 years ago are already getting shredded.. unbelievable..

Unknown said...

I don't know whats scarier, that Waffles admitted that he still had underwear from when he was 16... or the shredding of the, never mind, there BOTH scary.

Why do I have a feeling that the Doc won't need a butt double as you have already send a pic to him.

Admit it.. YOU DID... Didn't you!

heh.

How is the sons obsession with his new girlfriend goin?

RaisingCayne said...

Yes, underwear elastic is manufactured with "planned obsolescence," forcing replacement within a short time. This is a small part of the giant conspiracy theory of which I subscribe... But I digress.

Um,... "Cheekier" ???? Is this really a word? Seriously? What's it mean? Covers more ass cheek, or leaves more? Never heard the word outside of Austin Powers' being compared to James Bond.

Oh, and just for the record, I could've gone all week without hearing about Waffles' twenty five year old underwear! OR his two year old shredded undies... (not sure which is worse!)

TripJax said...

Heard you might be waffling on the WPBT event. I'm trying to get my tail there tooMadame Chakko and it wouldn't be the same if I don't get the chance to meet you. To that end, make sure to get yo self there. Consider yourself invited! It will be worth it just to hang out with the Tragedy some more...

Good luck!

Unknown said...

OK, look, I'm going to be there for the first time, and I was never "invited," It's just that if you want to come, you should come, and I think it'd be great if you came. And I mean to Vegas. Seriously.

surflexus said...

Hope you can make it out to Vegas in December. It will be a great time and there are a lot of folks that want to meet you!!!
Make sure and tell DrC we are thinking of him every day

Astin said...

Underwear, Vegas.. sure, I see the connection.

Has anyone EVER been "invited" to one of these things? I just showed up in June. I have this theory that half the attendees are schmoes who just read our blogs and then randomly pick a name to use.

Come, meet more people, have a few drinks. Just DON'T talk to Waffles re: Underwear.

The Poker Enthusiast said...

Who wears underwear in Vegas. You will never know unless you go in December.

Unknown said...

I will be passing this information onto the wife. Maybe as a Christmas gift :)

Anonymous said...

My goodness, your poker playing blogging friends ( PPBF's) are certainly into your underwear and anxious to meet you. Are you in trouble!!!

Tell them Nana Judy says, "Down boys, down boys"' or should I say "Double down boys"...wrong game, that's blackjack.

Anonymous said...

The blog post was great. However, my attention was captured by the number and content of the comments the post received. It seems to me that the commentary to your blog posts have been morphing into a new genre. Ever since the posting of your butt-double, there is a noticeable nuance that is emanating from your readers. It sort of conjurs up the image of a pack of wolves, circling the campsite in hopes of.... Maybe, it's just me.

Hunter Silvastorm

http://www.huntersilvastorm.com/

The NL Wife said...

I don't know - seems more people are interested in Waffles underwear than mine, dear father-in-law . . .

Drizz has the right idea - he's going to get some for his wife.

LOL on the pack circling . . . if that's true, hope they realize their prey is a willful, headstrong career woman with high expectations (just ask the Dr.) from her man, with two children, an au pair, a huge mortgage, and a tight fist on the purse strings. If that doesn't scare them off, then I guess its game on.

Never fear, DrChako - I love you!

Anonymous said...

I just wanna know if the new panties are worth a trip to the internet for me to buy some and ship them to myself here in the pathetic man's Pacific... :)