Friday, October 26, 2007

A New Day Dawns . . .

In stark contrast to yesterday, the sun was shining bright today.

Son #2 greeted me with a pleasant smile this morning as he slipped into the still warm spot in my bed that I had vacated while he watched me pick out jewelry to wear to work.

Son #1 was dressed and ready for breakfast by the time I walked out of the house and was pleasant. He found his shoes. I asked him to look for his lost jacket in lost and found. He cheerfully agreed.

My housekeeper was there - she makes everything cleaner and better.

The kids ate breakfast peacefully - my little guy thanked the au pair for cleaning up after him. When he was frustrated that she asked him to brush his teeth, he didn't scream and yell - he came over to whisper to me that "she does it 'wrong'" . . . meaning that I'm a stickler for brushing teeth at night, but in the mornings, since the kids usually had breakfast at daycare, I didn't make them brush again. He didn't even protest when I said it was probably a good idea.

Traffic was reasonable - I was at work in less than 45 minutes.

I'm waiting for the bomb to drop.

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

2 comments:

Instant Tragedy: Just Add Water said...

No bombs, no tragedy... Just enjoy the day!

CEH A. Jauretche said...

hola linda!
me encantó tu foto por eso te escribo desde argentina, jaja.
bueno muchos saludos!
marcelo