Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Back to Regular Life

Kids come home today. I will miss the stress-less evenings, the solitude, the guilt-free long work nights (I'll still have long work nights, just not guilt free anymore), the eating whatever I want for dinner. But I miss the hugs. And sometimes the noise and the goofiness that has become part of life is a background noise I miss.


Work is . . . work. At least the sun is on my back today.


My husband is posting things that make me nervous. I'd rather know about some of these things AFTER he gets home. And tell him to stop with the morbid poems, too. Makes me want to check our life insurance policies.

Hopefully, I'll also hook up with CC along his travels today or tomorrow. I find he's got that good combination of degeneracy, spirituality, and down-to-earthness that will be a refreshing break in my day, if we can coordinate schedules. I find that with the Dr. gone, the new connections I have formed in his absence tend to be necessary to my sanity . . . which somedays I think is clearly eroding. We'll be home in a month or so . . . it still seems like an eternity.

Thank goodness for friends. Invisible or otherwise. Their support is invaluable to me. To those who share their lives and thoughts, it gives me something to focus on. Some of you I will see soon. Some of you, I expect to see in the future.

For today, I leave you with profound accounting thoughts:

May you have more assets than liabilities,
May your net working capital be positive,
and in the audit of life, may you have no material weaknesses.

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spoken like a true accountant. I would add one more saying. "May you not bust any covenants." My company got a little close this year as it was a tough year.

Unknown said...

I wish you would stop speaking Portugese. Sheesh, My nose started to bleed when you started spouting out about liabilities.

As for Doc, he's feeling the stress. Just be supportive and loving as you always are and he will work through it.

If you need me, I am just a phone call away!

All my best!

IT