Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Will I Ever Be Ready?

As if its not bad enough that Son #1 hit me with this little gem, Son #2 is going to give me a few extra gray hairs too.

When I got home from work yesterday, DrChako announced in his best threatening Daddy voice "Son #2, don't you have a note to show your mother?" A chastised little six-year-old went off to his room and returned with a note from his after school program.

Now this is a kid who is sweet and loving all the time. He really is a little angel most days. Always has a hug. Tells me he loves me "all the numbers".

The note said he received a warning for showing his privates to the little girls.

Sheesh.

My first thought was one of absolute horror. What kind of monster had I raised? Then I started to giggle. Had to hide my face. Made DrChako smirk and have to turn away. After all, have you seen the privates of six-year old boys? Not that impressive, let me tell you.

I'm reconsidering whether having boys was such a good idea or not. And I just spent the whole weekend trying to convince Oh Captain that my boys would be wonderful companions for his little girls. Then again, like I told him . . . is the evil you know better than the evil you don't?

Sheesh.

How many more years do I have of this?

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

1 comment:

BamBam said...

Oh my !

I'm afraid I can no longer read your blog safely at work!

Boners, strip sideways on the wall, swallowed hard and now privates!

Call me a prude if you will, but I don't think laughing out this loud, is proper work etiquette.

;)