Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Recap

Starts out with a lazy day in bed. Wake up to a table full of cards from the family, and some gifts. Jewelry and smelly stuff that moms love. Son #1 made this awesome pop-up card with a quirky but genuine tribute to me as a mom. Son #2 picked a card with a kid on the toilet. The husband picked one that said "Is this a sex holiday?" Go figure.

I make chocolate chip pancakes. Yes, I know its Mother's Day. They are supposed to cook for me. But no one makes homemade chocolate chip pancakes like me (from scratch - none of that Bisquick nonsense or anything).

I laze around writing stuff. Send e-mails to friends. Do nothing until its time to shower. Gotta be clean for the 2:00 p.m. massage. Which was heavenly.

Au pair offers to watch kids on her day off so DrChako and I can go have dinner. So I put on some hot red shoes, a hot red dress, and off we go - good dinner, good drinks, good dessert. He tried to slip his hand up my skirt on the ride home. I'm not that easy. Besides, he's had his daily share. Lucky he got it before I read the Mother's Day card.

And as if it couldn't get any better, Jo had this post up about one of Wisconsin's favorite sons (adopted, but son, nonetheless). Loved it!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, the men who made them mothers, and the children who try their patience every day.

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

4 comments:

DrChako said...

Well, is it? Your readers want to know.

-The Husband

Anonymous said...

I cover my ears. I close my eyes. I say "blah blah blah blah blah" to any and all sexual innuendos. But I want me some chocolate chip pancakes. Seriously.

Unknown said...

I smell TRAGEDY!

Happy Mother's Day!

IT

SirFWALGMan said...

Happy MILF day! Ok. I am a day late. Sorry.