Monday, May 12, 2008

Eh, . . . What's Up, Doc?

It started out to be a pretty good day. Work was productive. Got several things done over the weekend and started Monday well. I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Heard from faraway friends and loved ones. Always things to make you smile. That name in the inbox. On the phone.

This evening, I decided to indulge my spiritual side. Joined a small group of women with the Jewish sisterhood in our community. A little coffee cake, a little wine, and a little intellectual/spiritual conversation. OK, a little feminist, too. But no bra-burning.

One of the best moments was a poem written by a woman named Rhoda. It was a poem about dealing with death. Having just lost my father-in-law, it had a special meaning for me. I'll be sharing it with others.

Buoyed by a day that felt very complete, I headed home to kiss my babies and my husband. He had them scrubbed shiny clean, so all I had to do was smother them with love.

I turned the corner into my neighborhood. The Lexus has this great feature - headlights that turn with your turn, then straighten out. I had just turned the corner, and was marveling at the Xenon beams that swung around to illuminate the road -when they illuminated the little, fluffy, grey bunny that, apparently, was very bad at the math portion of the bunny aptitude test.

You know the test problem - If a red Lexus, traveling at 30 mph, is 10 feet away from you, how fast do you need to dart across the road to avoid being steamrolled by Mrs Chako's performance tires?

Yep, you guessed. Thud. Thud. I was sick. I made Dr. Chako go check. At least he was able to confirm that the bunny did not suffer.

I'm going to borrow an old, favorite Bracelet closing tagline, if I might.

Tall. Hot. Successful. Bunnykiller.

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sis! I am so sorry that happened to you! Been there. I'll never forget it. It's just the worst. :(

Betty Underground said...

Ack! That is a horrible way to cap off the day.

The Bracelet said...

That was just bunny natural selection.

No need to fret over it. Had you not been right there with your car this bunny surely would have died in some other way. Maybe at the hands of those roving packs of gang bunnies we've all heard about. Jacked for his carrots before he could even date.

DrChako said...

I knew there was trouble when I looked out the window, only to find Ms. Chako kneeling in the street and screaming to the heavens, "What have I done?!"

Ummm... She grew up on a farm. You'd think she'd be a lot tougher than the quivering mass of pathos she became.

So, I had to be "the man" and clean up the mess. To be honest, it was a pretty cute bunny.

-The Husband