Thursday, May 15, 2008

Fortune Cookies and Random Thoughts

Yesterday, we went to one of those Mongolian Grill places as a family. We opened the fortunte cookies and shared our fortunes. Here is the family commentary:

DrChako: "The small steps you take will ultimately bring you great fortune." - He clearly thought this related somehow to his poker bankroll.

MrsChako: "You maintain a sense of balance in the midst of great success." - Duh.

Son #1: "Keep in mind your most cherished dreams of the future." - "Oh great, Mom. This means I'll be a football player." ???????!!!!!!?????

Son #2: "Diligence is the mother of good fortune." - Our little guy just laughed and said "That's silly, Mom. You're the mother."

******

We're off to the Chicago area to attend a family wedding. Its a long way for a short trip, but I only see my family once, maybe twice a year. My mother with smother the good Dr. with hugs, and spoil the grandsons rotten. Grandma will be the practical one. I'll be able to hug my godmother, and her husband, who just had treatment for cancer. See cousins I haven't seen for a long time. Sometimes it's not the length of time you spend with people. It's how much love you can cram into it.

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

No comments: