Wednesday, December 19, 2007

What Was I Thinking?

Today, I had a day off from work. I have some use or lose vacation. My au pair thought this would be a good day to take me to the gym and make me work out.

I did kickboxing class for an hour. I use the term "did" loosely - I was participating in some general movement that may or may not have resembled kickboxing. I have a friend that I've worked with who was an actual boxing champion in his country as a young man. I am sure he would agree that what I was doing probably didn't resemble any kind of "boxing" at all.

Then she made me do some strength training on the machines. I am certain I will be sore tomorrow. If not today. If not by the time I get out of the shower.

It would be easier, I think, if I was still 23. But I'm 39. What was I thinking?

PS - as if it wasn't enough to get my ass kicked in the gym today, I busted out of a MTT last night with pocket kings . . . I raised, got re-raised, got a caller behind the re-raiser . . . I went all in, and got called by both. The two monkeys had me outchipped and continued to bet into the pot - turns out the caller behind the re-raiser had 10-8 offsuit . . . and had paired his tens - but took the pot when the river brought another 10. WTF? Raise and re-raise, and your 10-8 OS is a keeper? Whatever. Guess that is no sillier than a 39 year old woman attending kickboxing class with her 23 year old au pair who is a personal trainer in her home country.

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

3 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

Your 39? I thought you were 17 when I saw you. Except you seemed smarter than a 17 year old. Have fun!

BamBam said...

Uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

What WERE you thinking ??? First trip in and an hour of kickboxing? I call mini-brain-cramp on you. lol.

I will give you credit though. You said you'd be doing a little bit 'O' something to get buff like the Doc.

I think the "fe extra sit ups" would have been smarter but,
Atta' girl!

CarmenSinCity said...

I love love love kickboxing. I used to do it all the time and I think it's a great way to burn calories and work of some of the day's rage at the same time :)