Monday, December 10, 2007

More Winter Blogger Classic Observations

Still suffering from a little post-Vegas letdown. I mean where else does it not matter where you are, what you are doing, when you are eating or drinking, whether your are eating or drinking at all, and where, while the object is to try to win money, when you don't, and blow it on a thousand other things that are expensive out there, it is not unusual? Only Vegas.

So other observations I had about the trip:
  • Bam Bam and Pebbles are the sweetest folks on earth. 'Cept when Pebbles is leading the betting and someone raises her and makes her fold. I didn't see the cards, my gut told me she made the right decision by laying down (who knows). But it didn't stop the F-bomb from coming out of her mouth. They went through hell (and Cleveland) to get here, but it was great to meet you both. You are both are dolls in my book, and no one looks hotter than Bam Bam in a vintage Packer jersey! Ok, the fact that the first words out of his mouth when he saw me was "You're beautiful" didn't hurt the relationship either.
  • Waffles was the big surprise. He didn't request a view of the samba panties (DrChako's first fear), I got multiple hugs, and I even got him to smile for a picture. And he said I was hot. (Ok, you notice a theme going here. I'm a 39-year old mother of two. Time is not on my side. Who doesn't like to hear that stuff? And who cares if he pretty much says that about every woman he's met?). And although I didn't get to play at his table any of the tournament, I never once heard him utter those horrible (but funny) phrases IT had on the Waffles commemorative coaster set. I personally think his bloggerly F-bombs are just to cover up the teddy bear inside. But don't tell him I said so.
  • Can I re-emphasize how adorable Otis is? He won my heart when he sent my hubby that guitar. He had great recommendations coming from the rest of the crew. I love his writing style - its manly, and pokerly, yet thoughtful and insightful and personal. His hugs are warm and genuine. And I got a few. And pictures too. And I didn't see him fall down once. Once the table was down to 10, I had predicted the Rooster would win. He had been playing his A-game at my table, and still seemed to have it going on. When it got down to the final two, and they were pretty evenly matched, I have to be honest and say I wish Otis had won the race. If I decide to have a crush on anyone, he's a contender.
  • CC is a great guy - he made a point to come find me, has checked my blog and the DrChako's since he left for Iraq, and made it a point to come say "hi" and give me a hug, numerous times. And I think he's got a couple old posts that explore the psychological side of poker and relationships and stuff that are pretty insightful. Good, genuine soul - pleased to meet you, friend.
  • Falstaff needs to be given a medal for his patience in coordinating this stuff. Talk about trying to herd cats. More like herding dyslexic, autistic cats with multiple-personality disorders and drinking problems. Hats off to you, and you are more the man for proudly wearing a skirt. Gives great hugs, too - nice to know you.
  • And to the best sport in the whole world - Drizz. You know, I was biased against you because your choice in football teams leaves something to be desired. Maybe Minnesota does that to you. But he is a genuinely nice guy, and wore the Packers t-shirt I got him not only for a picture (to be posted later), but also wore it in the IP sports book (at least as long as I was there). Glad to see you made the final table. Don't tell me if you burned the t-shirt later - Packer memorabilia is sacred in Wisconsin and can only be destroyed, like an American flag, with proper ceremony.

I'm sure I'll think of other things later, and pictures will come - but wanted to post some more thoughts on those I met.

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

PS: For the samba panties, I went with pink. The black ones and the red ones were cute, but they have all this lacy stuff all over them that would have probably irritated me for the 4 hours I played. I was thinking long-term and had to go with the comfort fabric. Like in poker, sometimes you bluff, and lie about your cards. But I appreciated Waffles and Buddy's guess at the "double zero".

7 comments:

CC said...

Bad beat that Otis won in the race for who would win your crush...

So great to see you, one of the highlights of the trip for me!

katitude said...

It was great to meet you, albeit briefly :-)

CarmenSinCity said...

Hey! I only got to meet you for a few minutes this weekend, but it was great to have you! Thanks for making the trip out to hang with us degenerate gamblers and now that I know your link, I'll be checking back often :)

TrueDub said...

Hi, didn't get to meet you this weekend either, but I wanted to let you know that Drizz was still wearing the Packers shirt at the craps table late into Sunday evening!!

Irish Jim

SirFWALGMan said...

Good times good times! It was great meeting you and I am glad your husband is going to hunt down the Rooster before me.. heh. Always fun to put a face (and body!!) to the people you chat with online.

BamBam said...

Waffles and Buddy Donk both owe me a drink...

Sports book at the Venetian....
Soco in hand courtesy of Al.....

My guess........ 00.

Go ahead guys... deny it!

It was meant in the best form of humour Doc. Honest ! I don't even know what the hell "Samba Panties" are for cryin' out loud. I just figured it was funny at the time.

BWoP said...

It was nice to meet you briefly. I'm glad you made the trip to Vegas. It was my first blogger trip as well, and everyone was a doll!

I hope your husband comes back to us safe.