I've been reading blogs and e-mails to pass the time in bed. For as much as I love the stories of poker donkery, the rants, and the excitement of the upcoming trips, I'm a girl, so I'm always touched when one of you manly men have the courage to show feelings. Like the roller coaster Instant Tragedy can be on with his kids. Or the fact that Drizz can take a moment to stop talking about poker or that collection of purple-suited meatheads he cheers for every Sunday to worry about what he and the little one are going to get his wife for the holidays.
Today BamBam made me cry. If you want to know how a man should love his wife, you should read. So in honor of his open expression of his love for Pebbles, I would like to give you my other top five - the top five things that my previous top five probably couldn't bring to the table for the last 13 years like DrChako has:
- He has made me try everything and anything, and made me experience things I would have never done on the farm. Like raw oysters, sushi, skiing, golf, snorkeling, and living in Europe. Thank you for the experiences.
- He saw my in my wedding dress and his eyes lit up, like I was the prettiest woman in the world. It's the only day I've ever looked at photographs of myself and thought I was beautiful. Thank you for making me your princess.
- He is the only man who is comfortable competing with me for everything (and probably one of the few smart enough to compete with me) . . . poker, Jeopardy, Scrabble, Boggle, Trivial Pursuit . . . one of these days he will learn to stop pimping me with 80's music trivia. Thank you for being my intellectual equal.
- He is one of the most generous individuals I know, almost to a fault. He will share any thing for anyone in need and makes me understand what it is to be truly charitable with no restrictions. Thank you for the $150 for my CPA exam in 1992; hopefully I have paid it back multi-fold.
- He is one of the last of the true gentlemen. Always a smile for everyone, always holds the door for women (my mother and grandmother fell in love instantly), always treats those deserving of respect with their due respect. Our au pair holds her future love to his standard of chivalry; may she be as lucky as I am.
Some day, I'll give you the top 5 things about him that tick me off; but until he comes home to annoy me, this is all you get.
Come home love.