Sunday, December 19, 2010

In Which I Feel Small

He was confident. Used terms I didn't know about a subject I know little about besides "when it works, it's good." Talked permits and earthquake mounts and gas lines and other things that interest me little.

Except when I enter the garage to find the hot water heater spraying all over the place.

You never feel as small as when something big is going bad and you have no idea what to do. My knowledge of plumbing with respect to water consists of "turn on the faucet, turn off the faucet". I'm a little handier with the toilet functions, but other aspects of water intake/outlet is a general mystery to me.

The estimates don't make me feel any better. I am getting three estimates, all of which are for something I'm not even paying for (thank you, Mr. Landlord) and I still feel like they're all in cahoots and playing the shell game with me. Why do you make $200 per hour?

The guy is here now so I'm going to go watch myself get violated.

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

No comments: