Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Holiday Spirit

You know the old saying "It's not the size that matters, it's what you do with it"?

Never more true than today. And before you guys get all off the ranch on me, keep it clean - I'm sleeping alone tonight.

I love gifts. Not big things like diamonds (and Ferraris). I like small thoughtful things. One of the girls who works for me got me a scarf this year - she knows I wear them frequently, and she wanted to say thanks for her raise this year. When we moved, my friend Katy offered me a "photo session" with my family - she's been working on doing photography for more than a hobby and we got some amazing candid and posed family shots I'll treasure forever. Years ago my husband would stop by the roadside flower vendors in Germany and bring me this huge mixed bouquet that just brightened my day.

I'm a simple girl, and am pleased with simple things. Which is why I felt all warm and fuzzy after my workout - not because I was sweating like a pig, but because when I got back to my locker, and checked my phone, I had an unexpected email telling me I had a special e-book gift from an unexpected source.

You know who you are - a thousand thanks for thinking of me and sharing a special read you think I might enjoy!

I will do my best to spread the holiday spirit.

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

1 comment:

DrChako said...

We've got some great friends. And apparently I need to buy you some flowers.