Saturday, February 28, 2009

One little word . . .

Never realized how much one word can make a difference. Until it happens to you.

SETTTING: The workplace. Mrs. Chako and team. Mid-day.

Mrs. Chako: "Wow. I could use some Red Vines right now."
Team member #1: (Giggles, almost uncomfortably)
MC: "Anyone else want a Red Vine?"
Team member #2: "You have some?"
TM #1: (Giggles, again. Oddly.)
MC: "I have some in my car."
TM#1: "You have some in your car?" (Looks amazed. Giggles again.)
MC: "Yeah. I'll go get some if you want."
TM #1: (Giggles again. Almost hysterically. Mrs. Chako mistakes for excitement.)
MC: "You like Red Vines? I can go out to the car."
TM #1: "No, I don't like it."
MC: "I'll share with the rest of you then, if you want. I have some open in my car right now."
TM #1: (Giggles again.)
TM #2: "No thanks."

I left the room to use the restroom. When I came back, the entire team was laughing.

Apparently, Team Member #1 didn't know that Red Vines were licorice. She thought I said "Red Wine."

Ahhhh . . .

1 comment:

The Sister said...

Red Vines? That is what you call Licorice? Is that a Wisconson thing??? Never in my life have I heard it referred to as "Red Vines"