Today I woke up realizing I have a full blown cold coming on. I thought about my schedule for the day:
- Early morning webcast on a BORING accounting topic
- Trying to review my subordinates' work (if yesterday's review was a preview of what I'm going to see today, I'm in for an uphill battle)
- Meeting to discuss the audit approach for my new client
- Meeting to negotiate for over $1 million in professional fees for the coming year (which includes a 13% increase over the prior year)
- Teaching a volunteer after school program to 3rd and 4th graders
How is a girl on cold medicine supposed to get through a day with that kind of pressure? I mean, shifting gears, alone, is going to be a challenge . . . I can smell the smoke already.
So today, I wore my knee-high black leather boots with a skirt. A friend once gave me a card. It says "Wear some cool boots. Cool boots make you feel like you can handle anything. Or at least kick it really hard."
I'm ready to kick something. Just stay out of my way, or it might be your ass.
I feel sorry for the 3rd and 4th graders . . .