Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Love So Deep . . .

We have a loving family. Our children are open and free with their affection; I hope that never stops. Kisses and hugs abound in our household. Those of you who met me know that this holds true outside of our household as well.

Son #2 has developed a morning ritual when I leave that involves a complicated series of hugs, kisses, blowing kisses, throwing kisses, throwing hugs, standing in the window waving madly as I drive down the driveway, mouthing an exaggerated "I love you" . . . it's a long, involved process. That often results in tears if something interrupts or thwarts the process at a key point.

Today the ritual was the same . . . except he threw in this funny little jig as he stood in front of the window. As he stood there in his cartoon undies, waving and kissing and dancing, I suddenly realized why today's ritual included this complicated dance.

I mouthed "Go potty" and started pointing frantically toward the bathroom as I door as I drove away. He either reads lips well, or the call of nature was too strong . . . he ran, still waving frantically and blowing kisses as he did.

Mommy love trumps bodily functions, every time.

How many of you can say you love someone that much?

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

No comments: