Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Balls The Size Of . . .

Gee, Mrs. Chako, why have you been so delinquent in posting? We miss you. Well some of us do. What gives?

*****

Let me tell you what gives, loyal readers. Work has CONSUMED me. I've got some very pressing deadlines and some very unsophisticated clients. Which means many late nights. Work all last weekend. I'll survive, I think . . . and my dear, dear hubby has graciously given me leave to be selfish this weekend . . . Don't tell anyone at work, but I will be elaxing-ray at an a-spay. Shhhhhh . . .

So I just have to make it to the weekend. Which is doable. Unless I get sent to jail for killing this guy . . .

*****

I get an e-mail today from a staff. Regarding his performance evaluation. He thought he deserved significantly higher ratings than I gave him. Some excerpts from his e-mail include (my commentary in italics):
  • As *JOE BLOW* was in the best role . . . to rate me . . . (Even though he was a temporary guy from another country and had his own performance issues, he is CLEARLY more competent at evaluating my excellence in this matter, Mrs. Chako)
  • . . . the goal was to somehow transfer his comments/ratings into the [system] (not for you to actually critically evaluate what he wrote and make sure it fits into reality)
  • I think *JOE BLOW'S* ratings better reflect my performance and, more importantly, are a more accurate source given the time that he spent with my work (Who cares if you spent hours reviewing and revising my work; you're an executive . . . what could you know about my performance?)
  • I don't want to come across as a "bratty" staff (You do) but I do feel that ratings in which he gave me should be used (because, frankly, I don't like the ones you gave me)
He had the nerve to suggest that maybe if I didn't agree with the ratings, I should just submit them anyway, and just say that I was completing the form for JOE BLOW.

To complicate his already treacherous position, he had the nerve to actually have JOE BLOW submit a different review (after I'd already spent time to complete one), hoping to get that one through. Pity for him I'm still listed as a second-level reviewer.

Now I am not a hierarchy Nazi (is it ok to use that term, as a Jew?). But keep in mind this guy is 3 levels below me and 14 years my junior in career experience. I have the power and connections to make his life HELL, should I choose to spend the energy. Without overstating my own importance, you have to have ENORMOUS balls to take me to task like this. Perhaps "career longevity" within the firm is not really his objective.

Looks like Mrs. Chako is going to have to take some young man out back of the proverbial woodshed and lay down some performance evaluation smack on his shiny, little, egotistical bottom.

Only question is . . . Do I wear the red shoes?

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I have the power and connections to make his life HELL should I choose to exepend the energy" Sister, if I was a guy, I'd totally be jockin' on your powerful ass. Wear the red shoes. As an added bonus to being super sexy, they put you over that 6 foot mark. Shoe power, hua.

Betty Underground said...

I love it when adults act like spoiled babies!

DrChako said...

I've seen the Mrs. Chako Smack-Down. It ain't pretty.

SirFWALGMan said...

I vote no red shoes. The tard does not deserve to be in the presence of the red shoes of sensuality.

gadzooks64 said...

I vote no red shoes. He's not worthy.

I'm thinking Doc Martens. Just sayin.

BamBam said...

Spare the shoes, not the brat!
Do kick his ass, or something like that.

BWoP said...

Well, I think you can still use the term "Nazi" . . .

At least I hope so.

I still call the boyfriend "Hitler Youth Poster Child" from time to time . . .

(He went to his first seder over the weekend . . .)

Unknown said...

While I hate the use of "power" at work, I'd totally knock this guy down a few rungs.

Instead of being whinny about it, why didn't he ask how he could do better?