Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Fool, Me

April Fool's Day.

I'm not much of a prankster, and haven't been pranked much, either.

Yesterday my client told me we were going to do this rush project. Had to be done ASAP - almost yesterday, in fact.

I kept hoping when I showed up today they would say "April Fools!" No such luck.

So I steel myself to prepare for the frantic rushing and unnecessarily tight deadlines and decline in people's social skills that accompany this type of madness. Coincidentally, we are temporarily housed in an office that has a white board with the saying "Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency." Oh, the irony.

And to start the day, I actually caught my heel in a piece of decaying sidewalk and fell. Literally crumpled in a well-dress pile of suit and computer and papers. I don't think anyone saw. But my pride and my ankle are still feeling it.

Hope the rest of you get a good laugh out of the day.

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

5 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

But the important question we all must know the answer to "Are the red shoes ok?"

Betty Underground said...

Ouch! Luckily I can say the red shoes are fine because you are not wearing them today.

How do I know? The universe told me :).

DrChako said...

It would have made a great You Tube video.

I'll massage your calf when you come home, and I promise not to pick on you. Too much.

-The Husband

Unknown said...

Strange, my wife demanded calf rubs this evening as well...

RaisingCayne said...

Sorry to hear of the fall!

Love the "Office-ism" about planning vs. emergency... I think this needs to make it on a few whiteboards within my organization!

Thanks again for the invite to the little reception this weekend... I'll look forward to meetin' the Doc on Saturday!