Monday, March 10, 2008

Wives You Should Avoid Today

I need to tell a client that due to their stubborn, but incorrect, insistence about the presentation of a certain transaction in their financial statements, we're going to be forced to waste time in consultation with our area practice, which is going to cost them money.

I need to tell my team members that some sub-standard work needs to get up to standard by the next time I and my superiors review it.

I need to tell my managers that their review of the sub-standard work was also sub-standard. And took too long.

I had a migraine last night that is trying to find its way back. The pain is gone, but the prescription tends to leave me with a wicked hangover, an upset stomach, and tends to make my face hurt. Don't quite know why that is.

I'm wearing my new red shoes, but rather than pretty, delicate feminine things, they feel like red weapons today.

I was listening to one of the CD's given to me by a friend in the car this morning. She's got good, eclectic taste - managed to pick songs that strike my mood frequently. I was listening to "Island (Float Away)" by Starting Line, and it was starting to pick at me . . .

Just a keep a hold on me don't let go
If you float away, if you float away
Waiting too long for a ship to come
Don't you float away, don't you float away

Couple songs later, its "Misery Business" by Paramore:

Whoa, it was never my intention to brag
To steal it all away from you now.
But god does it feel so good,
Cause I got him where I want him now. . . .

Its a bitchy, nasty little song. Kind of like my bitchy, nasty little mood. Give me the right circumstance, and I could totally be that girl today. In fact, I almost wish I was. Of course, I'd have to have stolen someone away from someone else. Small details. And not that I need an extra man. It just might be satisfying to be able to throw it in some poor, pathetic woman's face. Yep, I just said that. I told you - I'm not a nice person today.

Hell, my husband doesn't even have any ex-girlfriends that I could still rile up.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll find something else to be a bitch about.

You might want to stay out of my way.

Disrespectfully submitted,

The Wife

7 comments:

Betty Underground said...

Glad, um, you, um, liked the CD...

BamBam said...

Lord I wish I was in your way today!

WHAT A HUG THAT WOULD BE !!!!

Probably break some kind of Guiness record and a few body parts. But damn! It'd be worth it.

DrChako said...

I never thought I'd say this, but I think I'm glad to still be in Iraq. Hopefully this mood will pass soon!

Hang in there, baby.

-The Husband

MHG said...

I didn't know you lived in Federal Way, I thought you lived on the East Side with all the yuppies and their red sports cars and pretty shoes. Hah?

I actually took the same exit and headed West towards Cayne's house... which brought back bad, bad memories.

MHG said...

Well, the memories outside of money-loss and motorcycling home were good. I remember the bad parts more than the good parts--all the more reason you and Dr. need to get a game hosted soon!

Anonymous said...

What a great post!! I feel like going out and kicking somebody's ass today and your post made it ok!! Whoo Hoo!

Unknown said...

This is the reason alcohol and foot rubs were invented.