Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Do You Really Get What You Deserve?

I was having a moment today at work, where something just struck me as patently unfair. Of course, when things don't work out like we expect, it always seems unfair. I'm generally a positive person and generally don't have this "why me" attitude. But with the culmination of events these past few weeks, it just seemed like one more kick in the gut.

I was ranting to a friend. About why the undeserving get. Why the unworthy are sometimes blessed with things they can't even appreciate.

She is a good friend. Has a good sense of humor. Reminded me that in the end, these kind of people never win.

"Karma is a bitch in sexy heels and [she] will kick them in the ass."

I hope she's wearing a pair of red, peep-toe heels, like mine. And I hope when she kicks them, the "Guess by Marciano" logo is firmly imprinted on their pathetic, sorry asses.

If Karma doesn't get to them soon, I might have to take matters into my own hands.

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

4 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

I dunno about this Karma shit. I think we want to believe our big daddy is taking care of us and will blood the nose of that jerk that is doing bad stuff to us.

In reality I would think that while there may be a final justice for people where they have to tally up their evils I think bad people and good people get equal amounts of shit in their life. No Karmic payback. No Karmic bonus for being a nice kid. Although it is a nice idea.

Betty Underground said...

Oh Waffles, Waffles, Waffles... if you only knew the power of Karma... or at least a woman it red heels with a bone to pick!

BamBam said...

Wouldn't that be taking matters into your own, "feet?"

I truly believe that positive karma is generated by taking action on those deserving of it. You know, the big caretaker has a lot on his plate and lending a helping "foot" when appropriate, will not go unnoticed.

I say, go get'em tiger!

Easycure said...

betty = karma (hence the footprint on my ass)

Great post!