Thursday, August 21, 2008

Life and The Universe . . . According to Five Year Olds

I was home earlier than normal and picked my son up from preschool. As most kids his age like to do, he loves to re-hash "when I was born".

So I listened to the story of how he was born. As if I wasn't there. He likes to remind me that my tummy got "really, really big". That was an understatement.

He's chattering and I'm nodding . . . "and then I was born in Germany and . . . what is this place where we live, mom?"


"America?"


"Yeah, America. You know how we got from Germany to America?"


"How did we get from German to America, son?"


"A black hole. They're really fast . . . " (1)


Respectfully submitted,


The Wife



(1) For those of you wondering, we actually arrived in the US via US Airways flight from Frankfurt to Seattle . . . but I'm sure the black hole theory sounds more exciting to his preschool friends.

No comments: