Thursday, July 17, 2008

Note to Self: Play Real Money

I am an accountant. Ergo, I am risk averse.

Play money poker suits me just fine.

So what is a girl to do while her hubby is away? And she's medicated to the hilt with the latest migraine narcotics?

Little play money SNG.

After a second place finish (Q-3 sucked out on the river against my A-K), I sat and played the next 45 play MTT . . . First Place!!!! If only I wasn't so doped up to where I could actually appreciate the math behind it . . .

Of course, I could start playing like I did two days ago - got into a 5,000 person freeroll. First 99 pays a second round seat. I got up earlier in the game, until I had about double the average chips. Then I sat out for the rest of the game . . . finishing 242. Not too bad for the laissez-faire approach. Still not enough to pay off . . . but far less time wasted.

I think I must sleep. Or hallucinate. Whichever comes first.

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Avoid the hallucinations, unless you see your hubby as one of your permissive favorites. Then just go for it, I'm sure he won't mind.

Keep smiling!

Sean

SirFWALGMan said...

I would back you in a SNG if you want. 50/50 profits. Your awesome I think it would be a good deal.. and your risk aversion would be taken care of.