Monday, July 21, 2008

I Could Just Bite Him . . .

Every mother thinks their kids are adorable. I have emperical evidence to back up my claim.

While the man of the house was out driving Ferraris, I was playing mom. A good mom, I think. Ok, I played hot mom the other night at the 'track . . .

So I'm making lunch for the boys. Easy stuff. Mac 'n Cheese and some sweet peas. Son #1 is in a rush - he's got friends to play with and a wicked game of Zelda in progress. So he wolfs down his food. The au pair ate quickly and took off.

I sat there with Son #2, reading the paper, while he struggled to keep peas on the fork.

"Hey Mom, know what?" he asked. "This is kind of like a date."

I snickered at his cuteness. Which made him think that I didn't understand. So he continued . . .

"You know? Like when two people are alone? And they do stuff together like eat and stuff?"

I hid my smile this time.

He's so cute . . . I could just bite him!

But remind me to check out what kind of shows my 5-year old is watching that he knows about dates . . .

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

3 comments:

Unknown said...

UT oh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mScdJURKGWM

:-) Just kidding!!!!!

You need to figure out which shows he watching!!!!!!!

Chako needs to bring you more shoes!

Anonymous said...

I think it's encouraging that he associates a date as something that happens between a boy and a girl. How cute!

DrChako said...

Tom Lerher was the best! I still sing the elements whenever someone mentions the periodic table. Of course, I only remember the tune and about 10 elements, but still... Someone put images with each element on You Tube. The silicon picture was hysterical. You can find the video via IT's link.

-The Husband