Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday Randomness

I did a good thing today. Went with some folks from my firm and we cleared a local park of some blackberry brush that was overtaking the park. I look like I got in a fight with 17 really angry cats, and ache like hell. But there is satisfaction in manual labor.


Of course, the princess in me still got a manicure/pedicure and a massage when I was done.

*****

My son is going to be a ladykiller. Or get killed by a lady. Last night, we were discussing something at dinner, and after I had gushed on and on about the subject at hand, he turned to his father and whispered, under his breath, "Just look at her chin and pretend you're listening."
I hope they pay you for that kind of comedy one day, son, because at home, its just going to get you a night in the doghouse.
*****
I was the queen of domesticity tonight. Even battered and bruised, I made homemade chocolate chip cookies. Mmmmm . . .
Will share with this young man, who was kind enough to offer to show the Chako family some great nature escapes tomorrow . . . pictures to follow.
*****
I love romances . . . especially watching from the sidelines with my friends. All the excitement without the actual personal angst. Today's twist in the latest romance story was an e-mail with the following exclamation of desperation . . .
"The man has driven me to accessorizing!"
When asked if the next step was buying matching bras and panties, she appropriately responded in the negative, and I quote . . . .
". . . they wouldn't be on long enough to matter . . . "
WOOT!!! You go, sweetheart . . . live it!
*****
Other randomness . . . thanks Nana Judy!

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

No comments: