Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Wait . . . I am a Number

In fact, I'm some pretty good numbers.
  • 68 - Height, in inches. That's a long, tall drink of Wife-ness.
  • 40 - My age, which, although a bit rocky these last few days (weeks? months?) is pretty cool in a lot of ways, most of which involve being young enough to enjoy things (friends, traveling, food, drink, rock and roll, skillets . . . you name it) and being old enough and wise enough to appreciate it without all the other problems of youth (acne, poverty, stupidity)
  • 36B - Geez, MHG - they were right there in your face . . . you ought to know.
  • 16.5 - Number of years of awesome experience I have to sell to some willing buyer who can recognize my financial accounting talents.
  • 9 - My shoe size - which looks fabulous with a pair of 4 1/2 inch Jimmy Choo stilettos, let me tell you.
  • 9 - Number of places I've lived in my life (not a single repeating state) - see how flexible and mobile I am?
  • 6 - When I'm being good about what I eat, that's my dress size. Work, poor diet, and a few other things are trying to push that upwards. But I'll be back there.
  • 4++ - Size of my immediate family, which includes a few extraneous au pairs. I am fortunate to have them.
  • 2 - Number of degrees I have.
  • 2 - Number of children that call me "Mom." They can't ever downsize you from that role or take that title away.
  • 1 - Number of abdominal scars I have to have earned me the previous title.
  • 1 - Number of patient, understanding husbands I have that put up with my last few years of crap, including this last zinger, and still call me friend.
  • 0 - Number of fantastic friends, virtual or otherwise, that I'd give up in times like these.

Don't get me wrong - being part of a "capacity reduction" still sucks. The numbers just look better than they did yesterday.

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

5 comments:

Paola said...

I love you all the numbers!!! :)

BamBam said...

I'm with her !!!

I love you ALL THE NUMBERS TOO!!!!

Oh and... "without all the other problems of youth (acne, poverty, stupidity)"

acne... OK.

Poverty... sure! I'll give you that one.

The third on the other hand..... well..... I do take all forms of "hush money" to make such things seem true!

:)

Bayne_S said...

I was thinking the 68 was understated until I got to the 9 (4.5 inch heels).

My own personal take on best part of unemployment is:

nap > coffee

F-Train said...

Lovely time of year to start getting outdoors instead of gazing longingly at the outside through an office window...

Unknown said...

No worries, there is something INCREDIBLE Around the corner. GUARANTEED or a hug back!

Sean