Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I Held My Breath . . .

Trying to do some work, and got distracted by a movie. Son #1 and his au pair rented the movie "Penelope". I decided to watch it myself while reading through some accounting memos.

It was a typical live-action fairy tale. Boy meets girl, circumstance keeps boy from girl, boy eventually gets girl. Pretty standard fare.

But I'm a sucker for the romantic. A sucker for "boy eventually gets girl". A sucker for that first kiss.

I wasn't disappointed. James McAvoy has that John Cusack-like quality. That little bit of scruffy helplessness. With pretty eyes.

After it all resolved, and the spell was broken, she finds him again. When he realizes it's her, and you see the realization in his eyes, I think my heart stopped.

And then it happened. I held my breath . . .

And he kissed her. The first kiss.

I was still holding my breath.

*sigh*

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

No comments: