Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Bash - My Cry For Help

So we're booked for the Bash. Separately, I might add.

See, some of us have real jobs. That pay well, but expect you to be at work a certain number of days for that pay. Others of us feel into some fairy poop, somewhere along the way, and are paid even better, and granted so much time off, that they have to randomly take every other Friday off to pick lint out of their navels, just to try to use up the paid vacation.

DrChako will be arriving Thursday evening, allowing him to join whatever golf activities are planned. You might want to contact him about that, because knowing my husband, he probably hasn't given any of you official notice and just expects to show up, clubs in hand.

Fortunately, I've booked him a car and a hotel. At least for the nights I'll be staying. Gotta get home Sunday evening and back to work. After that, he's on his own. He's staying a few days extra, planning to visit family. But he actually hasn't coordinated that AT ALL. Wish him luck.

So I will be flying in Friday evening, around 7:30 p.m. My hubby is not quite certain he'll be off the golf course at that time and wanted to know how I was getting to the Friday night festivities. So this is my plea . . .

If my husband can't come pick me up from the airport in Philly, do I have any of my blogging brethren who would be willing to give me a ride? I'll be carrying precious cargo - Drizz's Packer headgear - and who doesn't want to see him in that?

Whoever signs up to be my back up plan gets an extra special hug . . .

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to be golfing (or at least riding with the beer cart chick) and without a car for the weekend :(

Looking forward to my fabulous cheesehead gear at night!

BamBam said...

Hmmmm......

I'm quite certain I will be nearly unconcious by that point of the evening. OH ... And I don't have wheels. (prolly a good thing, considering first statement huh!)

The problem will be the time M. Poker game starts at 8:00 I think.

On the brighter side... Tell the fairy poop laiden Doc., I'll meet him at the Pub somewhere between 9:00 and 10:00pm Thursday. I'm sure he'll need a lot of uh... 'consoling' ... yeah that's it, since he'll be missing you sooooo badly.

*grins...... *ducks.....
Promptly hits head on table and drops to the ground.

In all seriousness. Al has been making a bit of a matrix with everyones info. You might want to run it by him, to see if anyone else is in a similar situation.

See you soon !
LORD I LOVE SAYING THAT !!!

Note, not one other thing mentioned about seeing the Doc first! See how much better at this I'm getting!

John G. Hartness said...

email me - I'll have a wife and wheels, so I'm sure something can be arranged. See you soon!