Monday, June 2, 2008

The Birds and the Bees

I suck.

At poker that is. At least the last couple days. I know I'm only playing the MTT SNGs for play money, but I take it seriously. I am the queen of patience and built my tiny little 1,000 of play chips into a massive play bankroll of 43,000 chips (How many of you can say your bankroll is 43x what you started with?) I blew threw 6 buy-ins after returning from vacation . . . 2,000 chips down the toilet.

Sometimes it has been suck outs - like the guy who bet into a scary flop - A-A-3, two clubs. I had two clubs into my hand and called. When the third club came on the turn, making my flush, I bet out - now he just called. The river brought another A - and his J-3 offsuit now beat my made flush . . . bastard suck-out king. Or my pocket 4s that saw a 10-4-3 flop . . . I almost peed my pants I was so excited. Until I got the other guy all-in - and he flipped over pocket 10s. Who knew.

But the last few games have been a lot of getting sucked into action by virtue of "pot-odds" - you know, when enough morons are in the pot that statistically, it makes sense to get your money in . . . but you do that a few times in a tourney, and eventually your chips stack goes down, regardless of how much sense it makes statistically. And then you have the "moron" factor - KQ suited heads up might hold up well . . . but with 6 people in the pot, inevitably the guy with 83 offsuit hits his 8 and takes the pot instead. Or your K-10 suited feels good, but KJ unsuited stays in and his J kicker plays.

Needless to say, I was disappointed. I still have a free seat to play from one of my previous wins on Poker Stars in some various round 2 deal . . . but I think I have vacation brain. I don't know what this means for my Vegas trip this weekend - maybe I need to just drink heavily and stay away from the tables.

*****
But back to the topic at hand. Which I like infinitely better than poker these days . . .

One thing this vacation let me do was play with the camera. When you have time to appreciate small things in life, they reward you with some awesome photo opportunities. Like these . . .


The birds . . .


And the bees . . .




Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

2 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

I think hand #1 is why the Axiom "Never draw to a flush (or straight) on a Paired Board" was created. Carry on though.

BamBam said...

Thank you m'lady!

"Bees" is now my desktop!

:o)

It sucks we'll be missing each other in Vegas by one lousy day.

:o(