Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tuck It Under the Mattress

After winding down from a long travel day, the Dr. decided to play a little live poker, and I put the household to bed.

Decided a little Pokerstars might be in order while I re-did my nails. Nothing like multi-tasking.

I signed up for the freeroll Stud tournament, and donked off some of my play money chips on some big suckouts at the 45 player HE MTT. Ok, in retrospect, although my other play was pretty good, I shouldn't have gone all in with the pocket 4s. Against pocket Ks? But who knew . . .

I played the stud tourney patiently (as I play everything), and found myself keeping ahead of the average stack. By the time I finished my top coat (which dries in a mere 30 seconds, ladies), I was right in the middle of a field of 150+. Only the top 88 won tickets to the next round. I did some math, thought about how tired I was, how fabulous my nails looked, and decided that I'd stuffed enough chips under the mattress to wait it out, and didn't have as much patience as I'd had 2 hours earlier.

Night all!

* * * * *

This morning, I found this message in my e-mail inbox . . .

Dear Mrs Chako,

You finished the tournament in 53rd place.

This qualifies you for a seat in Tournament #103639440.

Yayy me!

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

No comments: