Friday, April 11, 2008

Thank God No One Got Hurt . . .

Last night, the hubby was in Vegas. So I did girly things. Well, I worked late. Which is kind of manly. But then when I came home, I did girly things. Put on my girlie nightie. Got some girly snacks. Painted my girly nails. Which look fabulous.

Oh, and fired up a little free-money online poker . . . brush up on the skills. Especially after that beat in the home game. Make sure I'm not losing it.

I'm playing my normal conservative self in one of the free 3 table NLHE SNG. After a little up, little down, I finally wind up with pocket 10s. I raise. Dork next to me re-raises. Dork after him re-re-raises. I have them both out-chipped and they have been playing remarkably stupid. So I go all in. Both call.

Player to my left has A5 suited. Player to my right has AQ unsuited. I'm happy now - just dodging the last two aces and the queens.

Flop comes K-J-4. Makes me nervous. Gives AQ guy a straight draw. Now I don't want that other 10. Turn come K. Now the 10 would be fine. Give me a full house. I'm feeling pretty good . . . no much can ruin things now . . .

Except another J. You guessed. Morons split the pot with the two pair (Ks and Js) with Ace kicker.

So now I'm low stack. Like 23rd. But I'm good at low stack. Is it the "Dank" position, IT? So I do it . . . pot after pot, some little, some big, I build my chip stack back . . . find myself in 5th place at the final table.

Now I'm small blind and I find pocket 8s. Some other guy in early position calls, and chip leader is to my left in the big blind. I just call this one, figure I'll play after the flop. Big blind chip leader goes all in. Now this is an erratic play. Figure he's pushing buttons. The early position caller now goes all in. I have him outchipped by as much as he has in front of him. So I'm thinking what my play should be. If I have a made hand against EP guy, I think I have him beat. I think big blind chip leader is being chip leader. I pause a moment and think "maybe this isn't my race . . . " but call anyway. In my head, I'm thinking I'm really in a race against EP guy.

All cards turn and EP guy has AQ - big blind chip leader has pocket 10s and I have pocket 8s. Flop comes A-Q-10. I'm so out. Need a miracle now. Not only does the miracle not show, but the turn actually brings the chip leader ANOTHER 10. For the 4 of a kind.

Mrs. Chako goes to bed now.

Should have listened to myself. Oh well . . . play money . . . and no one got hurt.

Off to do more girly things.

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

No comments: