Friday, April 4, 2008

Date Night . . . Late Night . . .

It was date night. Which meant work simply HAD to turn into another late night.

But after chastising my team members, guilting them into staying later to help me clean up their messes, and warning my boss about the upcoming badness, I finally got out of there.

Made it home just in time to do a quick change of clothes, let the hubby behind the wheel (yes, he ALWAYS wants to drive my car) and head down to our favorite artsy-fartsy theater. Not one of those 28-plex deals. 3 screens. 60 person capacity in each one. Foreign films. Don't expect to catch "Die Hard - Just Die Already" here. With real butter on the popcorn. And the almost Edward Norton look alike guy taking tickets. Meow. The one with the skinny jeans and Converse All-Stars that he got from a vintage clothing shop. Must have been off tonight.

Mrs. Pettigrew Lives For A Day. Cute, quick, funny movie. Lee Pace is hot. Good date movie that even the guys can enjoy.

Indigo Girls in the CD changer in the car. Lesbian guitarists - Great music for a night at the artsy-fartsy theater.

I am intense
I am in need
I am in pain
I am in love

For the three minutes of that song, I feel their angst in my core. Sing it at the top of my lungs. I can make myself cry, if I concentrate hard enough.

My husband tickled my knee while we watched the movie. I missed that. Now he's snoring beside me in bed. I didn't miss that.

I need to go join him. Work has drained me this week.

But boy, did my feet look great . . .

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

2 comments:

BamBam said...

Good morning my darling M.

;o)

Of course, you know I need a favour!

Please leave this screen right now, and go and give your husband a Birthday hug from me.

Thank you! ('cause I know you actually did it!)

We now return you to your regularily scheduled Saturday.

Have fun tonight!

DrChako said...

Thanks for a great date night. Sorry 'bout the snoring.

-The Husband