And no, I'm not talking about Seattle weather.
Its actually a sunny day. And ironically, I'm having to hit "Reply" and type "No thank you" to yet ANOTHER request to set up an interview with someone "interested in moving forward with you as a candidate."
I noticed that when I became engaged, and even married, the presence of a diamond (which might seem to be a good deterrent) actually seemed to spark more interest. Apparently, there must be some subconscious thought of "well, if someone likes her enough to buy her a diamond, there must be something good there, and I need a piece of that!" If I had a dollar for every time I've been hit on wearing full wedding ring regalia . . . well let's just say the current economic recession wouldn't sting as much.
I think the same thing applies in job hunting.
I spent the last month interviewing, sending out resumes, trying to stir up things in my network. Barely a peep.
Last week, after my verbal offer, apparently the bloodhounds sniffed "qualified candidate."
- Another company is "putting together a package" they'd like me to consider
- A second company requested a second interview
- Company #3 has an interest in my resume
- Company #4 has reopened their hiring process for a certain position to be able to "consider" my resume which got to them late
- Company #5 just sent me an email and requested I schedule a phone interview as they are "interested in moving forward"
I am very happy with my choice. I just find it ironic that everyone is ready to woo me now.
Must be the VP thing.
Or the red shoes.