Saturday, November 14, 2009

Friends Know When . . .

To reach out. Surprisingly so.

Sometimes all at the same time.

Last night, I was exhausted . . . its been a long two weeks at work, having to be mentally engaged nearly 24 hours a day. In addition to our normal year end close procedures, we just signed a $2.7 billion dollar acquisition deal (yeah, that's with a "b"). So you can imagine the craziness.

But then your friends come through. One with silly video forwards. One who loves to engage you in long-standing traditions of trading wit and wisdom. One who gives you all kinds of interesting questions to ponder. And my old stand-by Michael. Who always seems to know, after more than 10 years of friendship, that sometimes, I just need my own personal cheerleader on a night by myself to remind me that everything will work out in life just the way I need it to, the way it always has.

Topped off my by hubby sending me a story so ridiculous, I was still laughing when I went to bed.

Friends know when you need them.

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

No comments: