Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Wife Wore Red Shoes

Giddy with my new purchase, I decided to relax. Wearing my heels, of course.
So what can a girl do on a Friday night with new shoes but no babysitter?

How about one quick little multi-table tournament for play money, just to sharpen the skills?

Now I'll admit that I had a good run of cards . . . even got quads (when my trips would have been enough). Best hand of the night, hands down (no pun intended) was when I was in the big blind with the Doyle Brunson. Only one other player, besides the small blind, who just limps. Flop comes 2-10-K. I bet. He calls. Turn is another 2. Can you say "Mrs. Chako has a full house?" I bet. He min raises. I re-raise. He goes all in. I call. He flips over his QJ for the open-ender. I flip the boat. River? An ace. Too late. You go bye-bye now.

I'm sure DrChako stole this from someone, but he used to love saying "I was drawing dead, and I got there." My opponent was apparently not familiar with this one.

But after lots of patient play I took down the whole play money pot. I so totally rock, dude.

Must have been the shoes.

Respectfully, and sleepily submitted,

The Wife

No comments: