Saturday, November 10, 2007

I Hate The Bubble

So Pokerstars gave me a free $5 to entice me to play some money games and make a deposit. I've been milking that $5 for a few weeks now.

Last night I played a $1.00 + $.20 NLHE multitable tourney - 45 players. Top 7 get paid. I was being pretty conservative and was able to keep myself in the top 9 for most of the game, often hovering around the 5 or 6 mark.

We got down to one table of 9 players. 2 were substantially below me - I was about 5 or 7 at this point. One guy (not on the bubble) goes all in - both of the low stacks call. I am out of that pot so fast, you could see those little dust trails like Speedy Gonzales used to make. I'm thinking I couldn't have asked for a better strategy to help me win.

All the cards flop over - all in guy has A5 suited - other guys have junk. Flop comes 245 - giving all in top pair. I think we're all going home with some money now. Turn is a 3 - now he has a straight! River . . . is a 6. They all split the pot.

Needless to say, as the blinds go up to $1,200 and your stack is only $4,000 - just a couple spins around the board and dead cards - I chose K9 suited to play with and ran up against pocket Qs.

Just call me "Bubble" girl.

I hate this game.

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

1 comment:

BamBam said...

Bubbles bite !

I thought it was funny you mentioned Stars $5.

I have it seperated from my roll and have been having a blast tracking my results. It's not exctly the "Jesus" challenge but, I now have $32.70 from that $5.

I love me them $1.20 single table SNG's.

Thank you for all your kind words earlier too.