Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Not Quite Ready

Watching a movie on Comedy Central, a commercial for some random fast food place came on. Shows a man, sitting watching TV or something. His cute significant other comes in with the food. A little hat above his head perks up and stands at attention (I think it might have been the Arby's hat). Clearly phallic.

Son #1 snickers, and say "I know what that meaans."

I looked up and over at him skeptically. "You do?"

He rolled his eyes. "Mom, I'm a guy. Of course I do."

I looked at him. Stared him down. "You do?"

He smirked again. "Yeah mom. Happens to me whenever I see something yummy."

I swallowed hard at this point. But kept my poker face. A little part of me is holding on to naive hope at this point. "When you see yummy food?"

He rolled his eyes again. Smirked. "No."

I. Am. So. Not quite ready. For this.

Respectfully submitted,

The Wife

6 comments:

OhCaptain said...

Seriously, he should probably never meet my daughters :)

Anonymous said...

Personally, I find this commercial a little disturbing. Bedroom fantasies are well and good, but involving fast food? Come on!

BamBam said...

I uh........

Hmmmm...... Well you see M.....

I uh.........

I can't do it!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ooooooooo geez! Am I ever glad I got that out of my system. (sometimes the polite Canadian thing, can be a killer!)

Oh.... and lot's of Love back!

:)

Schaubs said...

Boners.

LOL

The Sister said...

HA HA HA HA HA!!! I don't know what's worse...that he knows it or that he TELLS IT TO YOU!!!!! I am sure all parents have that "you can tell me ANYTHING. No secrets" speech with their children. Methinks you are regretting that or, at the very least, thinking of going back and putting a disclaimer on that little dealio now, no?

Unknown said...

Me: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My Wife: (faints)


I hope I'm in the room for his first sexual insights.